Gestore dei Servizi Energetici - GSE S.p.A. (GSE) plays a central role in the promotion, support and development of renewable energy sources in Italy.
GSE’s sole shareholder is the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance which, in consultation with the Ministry of Economic Development, provides guidance on GSE’s activities.
GSE is the parent company of “Gestore dei Mercati Energetici S.p.A.” (GME) and of “Acquirente Unico S.p.A.” (AU).
GSE promotes sustainable development by granting economic support for electricity generation from renewable energy sources and by organising communication campaigns to raise awareness of environmentally-sustainable energy use.
GSE’s main activities are as follows:
• qualifying RES-E (“IAFR”) plants;
• qualifying CHP plants;
• issuing Green Certificates (“GC, Italian acronym CV”) and monitoring producers’ and importers’ compliance with the related obligations;
• issuing the Guarantee of Origin (GO) of electricity generated by RES or high-efficiency (CHP) plants;
• issuing RECS (Renewable Energy Certificate System) certificates;
• as implementing body, running the support schemes for electricity generation by photovoltaic and thermodynamic solar plants;
• market trading of electricity generated by plants using RES or other eligible sources (“CIP-6”);
• market trading of electricity generated by producers who have opted for indirect sale through GSE (“ritiro dedicato”), instead of direct sale in the market;
• market trading of electricity generated by new RES plants of up to 1,000 kW (200 kW for wind plants) whose owners have opted for the all-inclusive feed-in tariff;
• running the net metering service (“scambio sul posto”) for electricity generated by RES plants of up to 200 kW or high-efficiency CHP plants;
• granting support to the Public Administration in the energetic field and to the AEEG for inspection and check activities;
• participating in the international associations IEA (International Energy Agency), OME (Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie) and AIB (Association of Issuing Bodies).
© 2009 ASSONEBB